Monday, September 4, 2017

First Flag Raising...

Friday night was our first football game of the season. Which meant it was the first flag raising for the Cub Scouts. This was Roen's very first time to participate and I think he was pretty excited!

Roen has such an advantage because almost always he has Remi by his side and Remi has done it before him. I remember Remi being so serious about his first flag raising and having a sense of importance. Roen just ran around with all his scout buddies smiling and being silly!

But when the time came to watch the older scouts raise the flag he put his hand up to his forehead respectfully and while I stood behind him watching, he just seemed so tiny.

My little ball of sunshine, following in his big brother's footsteps, who has not a care in the world and who often makes me wonder if God put him on Earth to spread happiness. As much as he needs his big brother to follow behind, I think he helps his big brother take life a little less serious.


Roen is on the far right and Remi is 5th from the right



When big brother punches little brother while I am trying to take a picture...

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Handsome guys! I know it wasn't funny that Remi punched Roen but the picture is priceless. The words you found to describe their relationship is perfect.
I've been missing you...glad you're back up & blogging ❤️ Have a great week...love & hugs.